As a Cardiothoracic Surgeon it's very rewarding to be able to help people during some of the most difficult times in their lives, and play a role in working toward their healing. Hi, I'm doctor Richard Salzano, Chairman of Surgery at Griffin Hospital. Even before you consult with me, I want you to know that I'll give you my full attention. and constantly broaden my expertise with the latest medical and surgical advances. Xrays and CT scans are a valuable resource to finding your solution. But I'm not here to treat scans. I'm here to treat you.
My care goes beyond just providing just the cutting edge care. I want to get to know you and build a trusting partnership, so that we can work together to create an individualized plan that you're comfortable with. I grew up in this region, so I love this community and the people in it, and you can trust that I'll never compromise your care. It always brings me joy to see my patients healthy again, and know that we worked together to make that happen.
Richard P. Salzano, MD
Procedures Performed by Dr. Salzano include:
- Removal or Repair Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) or Excision of Infected Graft
- Chest CT - including Heart and Lungs
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)
- SurgeryDecortication and Pleurectomy
- Lobectomy Open
- Lung Removal (Partial or Complete):Open
- Resection of Lung Tumor: Open
- Lung Removal, Open
- Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
- Maze Procedure
- Segmentectomy, Open
- Thoracoscopic Lobectomy
- Thoracoscopic Segmentectomy
- Thoracoscopic Wedge Resection
- Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
- Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) or Thoracotomy
Get In Touch
If you're in need of heart related surgery and wish to speak with Dr. Salzano, please call for a consultation 203-732-1352.